Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday, July 28th update

I apologize for the lack of blog posts recently. I have been so incredibly busy since I got back last Friday! Mom picked me up from Logan at about 9:50 PM and we were able to get home by 11:00 PM. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Dad was still up! It was such a great feeling to finally come home and see my family knowing that I was going to be back for an extended period of time. On Saturday, Dad had another great day. He and I set out to try and sell my all time favorite car, my 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue - more commonly known as White Lightning. We found a local gas station that may be willing to buy White Lightning. They are inspecting the car today and will (hopefully) make an offer. I was really proud of Dad, because we spent about an hour running around outside in the heat, which is enough to drain anyone's energy, but he continued to have high energy levels throughout the rest of the day. Unfortunately, Saturday night proved to be difficult because of his lingering cough. I don't think he slept particularly well.

On Sunday I met up with Alyssa. We were able to eat a delicious lunch at her favorite restaurant, The Macaroni Grill. The food is unbelievable and I highly recommend it. Then we stopped at Old Orchard Beach, which is a sight to be seen... It is sort of like a perpetual carnival....except way less classy, ha ha. We went for the experience and had a great time dominating the arcade games, specifically Deal or No Deal. More importantly, it was so nice to finally see her in person as apposed to just talking on the phone. It was a really great day.

On Monday I had to get up early and go to work in Concord, MA which was uneventful, but it is my understanding my parents had a VERY interesting day. They had to go to the dreaded DMV!! Dad had to get his license picture retaken because his current license picture was 9 years old. I cannot even get over how horrible their timing is. Thankfully, he had the energy to go.

OK, I have to get back to work!

Love,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment