Thursday, July 16, 2009

The support is amazing

My good friend from Colby, Chris Lemmons, just wrote a post on his blog, The Life of Lemmons, for my Dad. It's perfect. I wish I had more to say about it, but I know I wouldn't be able to find the correct words to articulate how truly sensational it is. Everyone who is reading this post NEEDS to go to http://www.lifeoflemmons.blogspot.com/ and read his most recent post entitled "To The Planeta Family." I not only want to thank Chris for writing such a heartfelt and moving post, but also for being the inspiration (along with fellow teammates and bloggers Mac Simpson and Adam Choice) for me to write this blog and for his ongoing support during this difficult time.

I also wanted to quickly mention some great personal news. I just got off the phone with my boss and they are going to be able to relocate me to the Concord, MA office on a temporary basis! I will have to go back to Orlando for 10 days throughout the rest of the summer, but I will be coming back to Massachusetts from July 24th to August 2nd and from August 7th - September 14th! After that time we will revisit the company's objectives and how I tie in to those goals. I am so very excited that I will be able to spend that time with my family and cannot wait to be back HOME!

Please keep praying and remember, BELIEVE IN STEVE.

3 comments:

  1. Nick, please know that the love and support you have from the Colby basketball team extends to their family members as well. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. We're all here for you if you ever need anything.

    With Love,
    Laura Lemmons

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT GREAT NEWS, NICK! Chris's entry was just as you said...sensational....and the realm of support just keeps growing in unimaginable ways.
    You made our day, Chris and Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful tribute to my husband and my family. Nick is so lucky to have such a great friend. We feel that Colby is like a family, and we have such good memories of good times there and the wonderful people we met there. Thank you also to your mom for her thoughts and prayers as well.
    Nick, thank you so much for doing this blog - it speaks volumes about who you are and your relationship with Dad. I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete