Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chemo - Day 1

Today was Dad's first day of Chemotherapy treatment. I wish I could be there with him, but for now I'm stuck here working in Orlando. Anyways, I just got word from Kasey that "he looks great!" and that he does not seem to be physically drained due to the treatment. So it sounds like all great news so far. Also in the great news department is the fact that yesterday he had a preliminary brain scan and the results were such that they canceled his PET Scan, which indicates to me that he does not have brain cancer!! I am SO happy that everything is going smoothly during this first phase; it allows me to be more optimistic and have even more faith in the power of prayer. For now we all need to simply pray that the treatments will be effective in shrinking his tumors!

BELIEVE IN STEVE!

5 comments:

  1. Nick, that is awesome that it is all good news so far. I put my religious views on facebook back to "Steve Planeta" to show I'm a believer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, We all are praying for your dad. He is a very special person. The love in your family is powerful and beautiful. His strength is multiplied a thousand fold by the power of that love and your prayers. God bless you, your sister, your mom and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, your Dad, and your Mom and Kasey are in my thoughts every minute of the day. Your Dad is not like a brother to me, he is my brother. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful father. I hope the chemo is eating every evil cancer cell in him! My prayers are in abundance. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visualization works.....Steve can picture those cancer cells being eaten away...GONE. The mind-body connection is SO strong. Just reading a study where it was found that several people from innumerable distances(doesn't matter) praying.....positively affected change in persons who were ill. Angelic hands supported Steve yesterday with these GREAT news. Bless you too, Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lance Armstrong said, “If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell.” Lance Armstrong obviously didn’t give up. He fought with vigor and unstoppable belief in his recovery. It worked! Steve has this ability to "fight like hell" and succeed. YOU GO STEVE!

    ReplyDelete