Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Reality Check

It seems as if we had received nothing but good news since the prognosis just over a week ago, but yesterday did not follow suit. My mother informed me that the doctors believe that Dad is slightly anemic, which is very common but disheartening nonetheless. Needless to say I was not pleased with the news and was not having a very good day...until about 11:00 PM. There I was getting ready for bed, exhausted after a long day at work when I heard my phone ring. The caller ID said 'Home' and I became extremely worried that it was going to be some sort of emergency. I picked up and it was my dad, just calling to catch up and say hello, and he had so much energy you would have thought it was Christmas morning. What I'm trying to convey with this story is that there will inevitably be ups and downs throughout this process, but no matter what the situation is no one should ever feel discouraged, because my father, the strongest man I have ever known, is fighting every single battle and will never ever give up.

Believe in Steve.

Love,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment