Friday, July 24, 2009

HOME

I am finally coming home today! Thank the good Lord. I have been looking forward to this day for over two weeks now and I am SO excited that it has finally come. I fly out of Orland Int'l Airport at 6:50 PM and get into Logan at 9:55 PM. Thank you to all the people who have provided me the support I needed to navigate through these difficult past couple of weeks in Orlando. I especially want to thank my business partner, teammate, and good friend Noah Atlas as well as our company Storage Made Simple for providing ongoing support and the funding for my flight today.

Even though this visit is only going to be 9 days, I simply cannot wait to finally spend some quality time at home with the people I love. This is absolutely a time for friends and family to come together and I feel so blessed to have that opportunity.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from Mom saying how Dad had a rough day on Wednesday after his treatment, but he was currently feeling "fantastic" and that his diet was close to normal... well, his "normal." Here is the direct quote.

"Dad had his 2nd chemo yesterday and had somewhat of a rough night, but today he is doing fantastic - for breakfast he had 2 eggs, 2 toasts with peanut butter, 2 clementines, 2 OJ's and 2 banana breads."

If you're like me just the thought of this combination probably makes your stomach turn, but trust me this is my father's "normal." I am just surprised that there was no tabouli, crab meat or pasta sauce involved. :)

OK, I have to get back to work now, they're not paying me to write blog posts ;)

Love,
Nick

3 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED for YOU to
    get home, Nick. Today will whip by and late eve will find you right where you should be! So glad that Thursday was a "fantastic" day for Steve....you are enormously deserving also of all the support you are receiving. Prayers and healing thoughts to each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for all of you and especially you, Nick because I know how difficult it must be to be so far away. I wish I was there with you all. But I am in spirit and in prayer and I love you all so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick - I am on your Dad's soccer team. We were all stunned to hear the news, but knowing him, you can't get him off the field and he's not going to get pushed around by this. He's got a spot on the roster, he knows that. If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Mal Blier, mb@blier.net 781 862-1804

    ReplyDelete