Monday, August 31, 2009

A crazy few weeks

I haven't posted in a while so I wanted to give everyone a quick update on how things have been going the past few weeks. On Friday, August 21st I left straight from a job interview to meet up with Grandma Maney, Aunt Linda, my cousin C.W, and Alyssa in Wells, ME. We were able to spend some time together and eat a fantastic dinner before Alyssa and I came back to Westwood. On Saturday the entire Planeta family came down from upstate New York. We were able to meet up in the city and visit some classic Boston sites. It was a ton of walking, but an absolute blast. Sunday everyone came over to our house. Aunt Judy bought Livestrong t-shirts for the family. Here's a great picture of the whole family:

Later that day Alyssa and I drove back up to Wells to spend a few more hours with Grandma Maney and Aunt Linda. It was so great to see everyone!

That following Tuesday I got a call from Marketing and Planning Systems in Waltham, MA. They offered me a job as a marketing research analyst. Then on Friday, I officially accepted the offer from MaPS and gave my old company my two weeks notice. They actually just decided to let me leave then and there, so I am currently on a three week pseudo vacation.

This past weekend Mom, Dad, Kasey and I drove down to Hofstra University to help my sister move in and prepare for her sophomore year. She's going to be living in a nice 5-person suite in the Norwich dorm. It was great for us to see that she is all settled and ready to start her second year. It was a long trip for Dad, but he was so happy that he was able to go.

From Hofstra, Mom drove up to Troy to visit my grandmother. She was recently diagnosed with Phase I Uterine cancer and had a surgery today to remove the cancerous organ. She had a great attitude and so far we have heard that the surgery was a great success. Please keep her in your prayers.

OK, that's all for now, but I will try to update the blog more regularly now that I have some time off!

2 comments:

  1. Very glad that you are going to be closer to your family, Nick. Thanks for posting this news. Steve and I have been thinking of your dad tonight; we are watching the Patriots/Giants pre-season game and hope that the Planetas are doing the same -- a great evening to be at Gillete Stadium.

    Kathy and Steve Whelan

    ReplyDelete